4/15/2007

Transmission mounts

I welded up a place on the frame to mount the transmission. There will be a crossmember which will mount to these platforms and to the bottom of the transmission. Here there are going in:





Also... I got some goodies!

Rod ends for the suspension:



A fuel cell. It's the Summit $99 special. It'll hold 8 gallons:



And brackets to mount it:



Since I ordered from Summit, I got some snazzy new stickers for my bench. "Racing season is almost here!"



I also tried mocking up a rear end. I don't think this one is going to work however. I won't be able to get the diff in an out of it. I'll have to try building the A-arm mounts a little further out.



2 comments:

DomesticNovice said...

Yay for goodies and stickers!

I'm calling you. Answer your phone.

Anonymous said...

An 8 gallon tank! Guess you won't be going on long road trips, or do you tow it? It looks cute though.
Did you know you were the inspiration for megs garden blog?
Alex is going to try tractor racing too.