4/03/2007

Random stuff

Okay, so I haven't made a post in a while. Here's some random stuff that I've collected that I haven't posted yet.

Here's a close up of the turbo. I took it off so I could clean it and the engine a little bit.



I thought that I'd repaint the valve covers. Here are the coil packs exposed on the engine:



Check out my cams baby.



Valve covers and gaskets:



Cam closeup:



I also figured that I might as well change the timing belt. Here's my method for removing the crankshaft pulley. It's tough, but you can kind of see the newly painted valve covers here. They're a metallic gray. Trust me, they look way better than before (an cleaner).



The important part of removing the pulley...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

first comment! WOOT!

i like the pulley removal, kinda scary but it works.

so wtf? i'm coming back down to tally in a week and a half to race you in your new car and it's not even running yet! glad to see you haven't forgotten about it yet though.
hal

cherno said...

Yeah, I tried using the impact gun, but really it's a piece of junk.

We'll have to plan a Cherno7 vs. SweetJesus Showdown for sometime (maybe in the fall?).